Thursday, April 16, 2009

Paprika Poppyseed dressing

I adore this dressing. It's light and flavorful and every time I make it, I crave salads! It is especially a great compliment to spinach salads with fruit. I love a spinach, feta, cranberries and walnut salad; or a spinach, feta, pear, walnut salad. (Just lay low on the feta!) It's also nice over a more traditional spinach, tomato and yellow pepper salad.

Just combine and mix. (It gets better with age as the flavors infuse the olive oil, so make ahead if you can.)

  • 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (I've never toasted mine)
  • 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons minced onion
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil

1 comment:

  1. Yum! This sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete