Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dinosaur Meat

If you're not already subscribed to Gwyneth Paltrow's weekly Goop, then you better get on her mailing list! A couple weeks ago, she gave the recipe for this Dinosaur Meat, her friend's version of chicken nuggets, sans the meat. I made them last night and I really liked them. (My kids didn't, but they will if I keep making them and hopefully they'll come around). Anyways, they are alot like chicken nuggets and are a cinch to make.

(recipe via GOOP)


Serves: 2 adults and 2 kids
Time: 30 minutes

4 ounches seitan (I got the traditionally seasoned seitan next to the tofu at Whole Foods)
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
2 pinches salt
2 tablespoons oil
1 clove garlic, minced
ketchup

Slice the seitan into 1/2" wide medallions. Fill a covered dish or a baggie with flour, breadcrumbs and two pinches of salt and shake the seitan around. Heat a pan with two tablespoons of oil, add the garlic and sprinkle off the excess flour mixture as you put the seitan in the pan. Fry till golden on all sides. Serve with a vegetable and a grain. I sometimes make a silly design with the ketchup.

1 comment: