Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Apple Date Walnut Salad

Okay, okay, so you've probably had this a million times, but for those who don't have a recipe for this salad, here is my version of it (I always add a little of this and a little of that), but you'll get the jist of it here. I can't get enough of this salad. I added grated unsweetened coconut when I made it last week and it was the perfect addition. Feel free to add your favorite things, like dried cranberries, toasted pecans or even chopped dried mangos. That's the beauty of this recipe: versatility. And it doesn't hurt that it takes less than five minutes to make. P.S. My kids like it too (another plus).

3 apples, diced small
1 cup vanilla yogurt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 stalks celery, diced small
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup grated, unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup chopped dates

Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and put in refridgerator until thoroughly chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment